Tuesday, September 5, 2017 - Wednesday, September 6, 2017
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
10 Oak Drive
Edison, New Jersey 08837
For more information and to sign up, download the brochure here.
24 hour posture management or postural care has been discussed and developed since the 1970s outside North America, but in the United States, it is a new approach not commonly used in a systematic way. This course provides background and theory for an eclectic approach to 24 hour postural management, including instruction in practical strategies for implementation. Developing a 24 hour postural care plan for an individual and hands-on practice with therapeutic positioning offers experience in planning postural care interventions that will be successful.
This two day intensive course is designed for those who care for and/or work with individuals whose movement is impaired, and are therefore at risk for body shape distortion and accompanying health problems. This course is 14 Continuing Education Units. In order to obtain 14 CEU credits, participants must attend both days of the course. The cost of the course is $200 per participant.
- Identify the influence of asymmetrical postures, gravity and time on body shape
- Appreciate the behavioral changes required in implementation of 24 hour postural care
- Understand how to apply 24 hour positioning safely
- Learn to distinguish between therapeutic and destructive postures
- Describe how sleep patterns and temperature regulation affect night positioning
- Gain hands-on experience with therapeutic night time positioning – see how it feels!
For questions, contact: